Merida eSPRESSO 400 S EQ
The MERIDA Espresso 400 S EQ is a great multi-use e-bike featuring the Shimano E6100 mid drive motor (60Nm), Shimano 500Wh battery, built-in lock, mudguards, pannier rack, and integrated lights.
All models ride on fast-rolling 700c wheels, ideal for rides on roads, lanes, and smooth tracks. We fit tyres with reflective sidewalls and puncture protection that will get you to your destination quickly and safely. However, our ‘classic’ eSPRESSO frames can also take 650B wheels if needed.
Ready to go
All Merida eSPRESSO models come equipped with mudguards, lights, lock, rear rack and a kickstand, making them ready for anything from the moment you leave the store.
A two-component battery cover, which offers the perfect protection for the internal battery of these models. The softer (outer) layer reduces noises, seals the downtube perfectly and absorbs hits from trail debris easily, while the harder (inner) layer ensures that the battery does not get damaged and gives it the structural shape.
The system weight of a bike is the combined weight of bike, rider and additional luggage. The allowed system weight is 140 kg. As an e-bike is already heavier than a regular bike, and as it also makes it easier to transport larger amounts of luggage, it is imperative to certify a higher overall system weight. All MERIDA e-bikes, as well as all used componentry, go through a rigorous and e-bike specific testing schedule that mimics the higher forces and strains to guarantee the rider the highest level of safety.
Cables, housings and brake hoses are clamped under tension to prevent rattling when the trail gets rough. All inlets are completely interchangeable to deal with Di2, hydraulic hoses, brake cable, and gear cable housings etc.
Specifications for the Merida eSpresso 400 S EQ
- Frame: eSPRESSO LITE II
- Frame size: S, M, L, XL
- Color: SILK BLUE (BLACK)
- Fork: Suntour NEX E25
- Brake front: Shimano MT-200
- Brake rear: Shimano MT-200
- Rotor front: Shimano RT10
- Rotor rear: Shimano RT10
- Headset: MERIDA 2346 Neck
- Handlebar: MERIDA EXPERT TK
- Handlebar size: MERIDA EXPERT CT
- Grip: MERIDA EXPERT TK
- Derrailleur (r): Shimano Deore M592
- Shifter rear: Shimano Alivio M3100
- Seat post: MERIDA EXPERT CC
- Seat clamp: MERIDA EXPERT
- Saddle: MERIDA EXPERT TK
- Pedal: VP VPE-891
- Chain: KMC e9S
- Chainguard: Sunnywheel SW-CG-173A
- Chainwheel: Shimano CRE61
- Crank size: Shimano FC-E6100
- Freewheel: Shimano HG200
- Rim: MERIDA COMP TK
- Tyres: Continental Ride Cruiser
- Hub front: Shimano TX505
- Hub rear: Shimano MT400
- Axle rear: MERIDA COMP TR
- Spokes: Black stainless
- Light front: Herrmans H-Black MR4 E
- Light rear: Spanninga Commuter Glow XE integrated into MERIDA MIK HD carrier
- Carrier: MERIDA MIK HD Carrier with Spring clip & Spanninga rear light
- Fender: Sunnywheel SW-FA311-60E1 (MSB)
- Kickstand: Massload CL-KA98
- Frame lock: Abus 5650 LH-3 lock
- Battery lock: Abus Key
- Drive unit (motor): Shimano E6100 (60Nm)
- Speed limit: 32 km/h
- Battery: Shimano E8035
- Display: Shimano SC-E5000
- Weight: 25.11 kg
Interested in a Merida eSPRESSO 400 S EQ?
If you are interested in a Merida eSPRESSO 400 S EQ, just visit our shop and take one for a free test ride.