Merida eSPRESSO 500 EQ
The Merida eSPRESSO 500 EQ is a very versatile city or commuter e-bike that does not mind a light trail either. Powered by a Shimano drive unit and battery.
Ideal e-bike for roads, lanes, and smooth tracks
The eSPRESSO rides on 700c wheels, ideal for rides on roads, lanes, and smooth tracks. The tyres have reflective sidewalls and puncture protection that will get you to your destination quickly and safely.
The Merida is all ready to go
All the Merida eSPRESSO models come equipped with mudguards, lights, lock, rear rack, and a kickstand, making them ready for anything from the moment you leave the store.
eSpresso 500 EQ features a two-component battery cover
The MERIDA Energy Guard Twist is a two-component battery cover, which offers easy and fast access to the battery while protecting it from outside impacts. The new twist-lock mechanism that is located at the top end of the battery cover allows tool-less locking and unlocking of the protective internal battery cover.
E-bike specific testing
The system weight of a bike is the combined weight of the bike, rider, and additional luggage. The allowed system weight is 140 kg. As an e-bike is already heavier than a regular bike, and as it also makes it easier to transport larger amounts of luggage, it is imperative to certify a higher overall system weight. All MERIDA e-bikes, as well as all used componentry, go through a rigorous and e-bike specific testing schedule that mimics the higher forces and strains to guarantee the rider the highest level of safety.
Internal cable routing
Merida features internal cable routing on all models. Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. Only a clever system for our internal guiding and fixing guarantees reliable and rattle free routing, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt and gives the bike a cleaner look.
No more rattling on your Merida!
Cables, housings, and brake hoses are clamped under tension to prevent rattling when the trail gets rough. All inlets are completely interchangeable to deal with Di2, hydraulic hoses, brake cable, and gear cable housings, etc.
Specifications Merida eSPRESSO 500 EQ
- Frame: eSPRESSO LITE III
- Colour: MATT ANTHRACITE/BLACK
- Fork: Suntour NEX E25
- Brakes: Shimano MT-200
- Rotors: Shimano RT10
- Headset: MERIDA CAP w/ wire gateway
- Handlebar: MERIDA EXPERT TK
- Handlebar stem: MERIDA EXPERT CT
- Grip: MERIDA EXPERT TK
- Derailleur (r): Shimano Deore M5120
- Shifters: Shimano Deore M4100
- Seat post: MERIDA EXPERT CC
- Seat clamp: MERIDA EXPERT
- Saddle: MERIDA EXPERT TK
- Pedals: VP VPE-891
- Chain: KMC e10S EPT
- Chainguard: Sunnywheel SW-CG-173A
- Chainwheel Shimano CRE61
- Freewheel: Shimano M4100
- Hubs: Shimano TX505 / Shimano MT400
- Rim: MERIDA COMP TK
- Axles: MERIDA COMP TR
- Spokes: Black stainless
- Tyres: Continental Ride Cruiser
- Light (front): Herrmans H-Black MR4 E
- Light (rear): Spanninga Commuter Glow XE integrated in MERIDA MIK HD carrier
- Carrier: MERIDA MIK HD Carrier with Spring clip & Spanninga rear light
- Fender: Sunnywheel SW-FA311-60E1 (MSB)
- Kickstand: Massload CL-KA98
- Frame lock: Abus 5650 LH-3 lock
- Drive unit: Shimano E6100
- Battery: Shimano E8036
- Battery lock: Abus Key
- Battery charger: Shimano EC-E6002
- Display: Shimano SC-E5000
- Weight: 25.6 kg
Interested in a Merida eSPRESSO 500 EQ?
We have a few Merida eSPRESSO 500 EQ in stock at the moment so if you fancy one, just visit our store and take one for a free test ride.