Magnum Peak Urban
The Magnum Peak Urban has plenty of power, good looks, and excellent value. It is our in-house customisation of the Magnum Peak for commuting use. A careful selection and testing of Magnum accessories have helped transform a standard Peak mountain e-bike into a city crushing machine.
The Peak Urban features front and rear lights for on-road visibility, Moto-X Urban tyres, and a Magnum low profile mudguard to protect from puddles and splashes. It’s a true hybrid e-bike and one that needs to be tested out!
Magnum Peak Urban
The Magnum Peak Urban is our in-house customisation of the popular Magnum Peak. We were getting a lot of enquiries for Magnum Peaks for commuting use, despite the model coming with mountain bike tyres, no lights, no rear rack, and no mudguards.
Upgrade to an urban e-bike
So we decided to have a go at what we thought was the best selection of accessories and upgrades to make a Magnum Peak an urban electric bicycle. We’re happy with the result so we are adding it to our line-up permanently!
What makes the Magnum Peak Urban different?
The Magnum Peak Urban has all the same specs as the Magnum Peak (in the list below), with the addition of the following touches:
- Schwalbe Moto-X urban tyres, 27.5 x 2.4″. These tyres look and feel amazing!
- Magnum rear rack and magnum rear light (AAA powered) as seen on the Magnum Metro and Metro +.
- Front Roxim light, wired into the main battery. 400 lumens and a crisp, clear beam on the road (This upgrade is also available on the standard Magnums for $150).
- Low profile front mudguard. Not the same coverage as a full mudguard of course, but this one won’t rattle or break and keeps with the sporty look of the bike.
- Rear Mudguard tucked neatly under the rear rack. This is a removable guard, not a full coverage one.
- Abus Granit 460 U-lock mounted conveniently to the frame. You can lock your bike up in seconds and with this fantastic mount down low on the bike, you barely feel the weight!
- More comfortable stem to raise the handlebar height.
Why not choose a Magnum Voyager?
The obvious question becomes – why would one consider the Magnum Peak Urban instead of, for example, the Magnum Metro or the Magnum Voyager? It’s up to you of course, but some of the appealing factors of the Magnum Peak Urban are:
- Sportier look and ride feel.
- 24 gears instead of 8. This allows more gear choice down low, ideal for riding without power or doing some light off-road on your urban commuting bike.
- The chain won’t fall off, as the front derailleur is holding it in place.
- The U-lock mounts more easily on this model (thanks to the conventionally shaped seat tube).
- Brighter front light.
- Upgraded tyres.
- Lower top tube allows this model to fit safely to more people.
- Larger battery (~10%).
Offering outstanding value for money, the Peak brings 48V of power to conquer any hill, whether on or offroad. With a lockout fork, hydraulic disc brakes, and a huge 624wh battery the Peak is packed with features normally found only on more expensive bikes.
Magnum Peak specifications
- Magnum Peak Battery: 48V, 13ah (624wh) Samsung lithium.
- Brakes: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc.
- Charge time: 6 – 8 hours from empty.
- Colour(s): Black.
- Components Finish: Black matt.
- Derailleur/Hub: 24 Speed Shimano Altus/Acera.
- Magnum Peak Design: Leisger, Germany.
- Display console:6 function centrally mounted LCD.
- Distance per charge: Up to 90km depending on assistance level and conditions.
- Fork: SR Suntour XCM HLO Suspension with 100 mm Travel.
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy, 19″.
- Frame Finish: Matt black
- Magnum Maximum load: 120kg.
- Magnum Maximum speed: 40kph.
- Motor: 300W rear hub.
- Saddle: Selle Royal Gel.
- Shifter: Shimano Altus/Acera 24 speed.
- Tires: Schwalbe Smart Sam, 27.5 x 2.25.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 25kg.
- Wheel size: 27.5″.
We can imagine that you might be rather curious and would like to give this e-bike a try. Well, the cool thing is, we have one in store so just come for a visit and take it for a test ride!