Magnum Peak Urban
The Magnum Peak is one of the most popular e-bikes on the market. Plenty of power, good looks and excellent value.
The Magnum is very low in stock in NZ, as the importer has run out of stock. Deposits for pre-orders are being taken for delivery in late August. Delivery date is only an estimate and is subject to change
The Magnum Peak Urban is our in-house customisation of the Magnum Peak for commuting use.
The Magnum Peak Urban is a product that the team at Magnum Ebikes is very proud of. A careful selection and testing of Magnum accessories have helped transform a standard Peak mountain ebike into a city crushing machine.
The Peak Urban features front and rear lights for on-road visibility, Moto-X Urban tyres and a Magnum low profile mudguard to protect from puddles and splashes. It’s a true hybrid ebike and one that needs to be tested out!
The Ebike Team is proud to offer the Magnum Peak Urban in our line-up, it’s an ebike that’s hard to come by!
Magnum Peak Urban – Product Description
The Magnum Peak Urban is an in-house customisation of the popular Magnum Peak. We were getting a lot of enquiries for Magnum Peaks for commuting use, despite the model coming with mountain bike tyres, no lights, no rear rack and no mudguards.
So we decided to have a go at what we thought was the best selection of accessories and upgrades to make a Magnum Peak an urban electric bicycle. We’re happy with the result so we are adding it to our line-up permanently!
The Magnum Peak Urban has all the same specs as the Magnum Peak (in the table below), with the addition of the following touches:
Magnum Peak Specs
- Schwalbe Moto-X urban tyres, 27.5 x 2.4″. These tyres look and feel amazing!
- Magnum rear rack and magnum rear light (AAA powered) as seen on the Magnum Metro and Metro +
- Front Roxim light, wired into the main battery. 400 lumens and a crisp, clear beam on the road (This upgrade is also available on the standard Magnums for $150).
- Low profile front mudguard. Not the same coverage as a full mudguard of course, but this one won’t rattle or break and keeps with the sporty look of the bike
- Rear Mudguard tucked neatly under the rear rack. This is a removable guard, not a full coverage one.
- Abus Granit 460 U-lock mounted conveniently to the frame. You can lock your bike up in seconds and with this fantastic mount down low on the bike, you barely feel the weight!
- More comfortable stem to raise the handlebar height.
The obvious question becomes – why would one consider the Magnum Peak Urban instead of, for example, the Magnum Metro or the Magnum Voyager? It’s up to you of course, but some of the appealing factors of the Magnum Peak Urban are:
Magnum Peak vs Magnum Voyager
- Sportier look and ride feel
- 24 gears instead of 8. This allows more gear choice down low, ideal for riding without power or doing some light off road on your urban commuting bike.
- The chain won’t fall off, as the front derailleur is holding it in place
- The U-lock mounts more easily on this model (thanks to the conventionally shaped seat tube)
- Brighter front light
- Upgraded tyres
- Lower top tube allows this model to fit safely to more people
- Larger battery (~10%)
Description for the standard Magnum Peak follows
Offering outstanding value for money, the Peak brings 48V of power to conquer any hill, whether on or offroad. With a lockout fork, hydraulic disc brakes and a huge 624wh battery the Peak is packed with features normally found only on more expensive bikes.
MAGNUM PEAK EBIKE SPECIFICATIONS
Magnum Peak Battery
|48V, 13ah (624wh) Samsung lithium|
|Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc|
|6 – 8 hours from empty|
|24 Speed Shimano Altus/Acera|
Magnum Peak Design
|6 function centrally mounted LCD|
Distance per charge
|Up to 90km depending on assistance level and conditions|
|SR Suntour XCM HLO Suspension with 100 mm Travel|
|6061 Aluminum Alloy, 19″|
|Tool-Free Adjustable Height (Three Locking Positions)|
Magnum Maximum load
Magnum Maximum speed
|300W rear hub|
|Selle Royal Gel|
|Shimano Altus/Acera 24 speed|
|Schwalbe Smart Sam, 27.5 x 2.25|